Request A Demo
License Screening Module
The License Screening Module within the EASE™ Software Suite enables corporations to implement a uniform and consistent corporate wide comprehensive license requirement screening policy that allows companies to diligently comply with regulations. The module reduces risk of government financial penalties, reduces the risk of sanctions, and reduced the risk of being denied export privileges.
The License Screening Module incorporates a three step process to assist with compliance with the government. The first step in the process is determining which agency has jurisdiction. This may be a difficult task because many times jurisdictions of various agencies overlap. The License Screening Module guides and tracks your selection process. Users are asked to provide detailed explanations as to questions, many pertaining to how the particular agency was chosen for jurisdiction. All responses are stored for tracking and audit purposes.
Step Two:The second step is to classify your product into a classification category of the controlling agency:
- The classification system used by BIS is called Commerce Control List (CCL).
- The classification system used by the DDTC is called United States Munitions List (USML).
- The classification system used by NRC is called the NRC categories.
The License Screening Module provides a Classification Engine to help you classify your goods into one of the categories of BIS, DDTC or NRC. The tool searches for key words in the description of each category of the three agencies, ultimately providing you with a list of possible categories. You can review the result details of each category by just clicking on the imbedded link.
The third step is to determine whether your goods require any license(s), determine any reports that you may have to file with the appropriate agency, or determine any exceptions / exemptions that you may able to use. Perform all of this before shipping to your desired country of Export. The U.S. Export Control functionality allows you determine all control requirements manually or automatically for all the items in your shipment. You may use the Export Documentation Module of EASE Software Suite to perform automatic license screening or make a query to EASE from your Order Entry System.
The License Screening Module also provides Export Controls for the United Kingdom and the EU Countries. This allows those who are exporting from the United Kingdom to run the screening engine against the UK Classification OGEL Categories for a particular Item and receive license requirements based on type.
In summary, the License Screening Module:
- Helps you with classifying your products for US Department of Commerce, Department of State and Nuclear Regulatory Commission export controls.
- Screens items based on United States and United Kingdom Export Controls and Requirements.
- Maintains a database of your products with classification categories.
- Provides License Requirements for particular ECCN/USML/NRC and Sub Products.
- Allows you to automatically or manually screen products against Countries for License and reporting Requirements both based on Country Controls and product controls at the shipment time.
- Provides you with US Government Export Restrictions from all federal agencies for each country in one place.